I can't believe it happened to me

I CAN’T BELIEVE IT HAPPENED TO ME


The school I attend, which is Coromandel Valley Primary School, is where I am involved with school soccer during the winter time. This is played during the 2nd and 3rd terms on a Saturday morning. This is my third year and I am still enjoying playing the game.


We have a great training session at school. On Tuesday afternoons for 1 ½ hours we have our warm up exercise followed by competing between team members where we learn our positions, individual skills and team sportsmanship.


Our team played for the Under II Soccer Squad where knockout rounds are played. This is then to go on and win the “Michael Hargreaves Memorial Trophy Cup.” Leading up to the end of Term 2 we had our first match (which is played in the evening).


The following week was exciting as we played a game, where we won 9 – 3. In between this we had our school holidays, where I then had to wait until school went back. Similar things happened in this third round just like round 1 and that’s the other team not turning up. Our coach still gave us a training session anyway as we were all already there.


As we got to play the Grand Finals, my team mates and I were beginning to feel excited. The tension was building as we started warming up before the big game, coach then told the team members our positions for the game. The tension was so much stranger with 50 seconds remaining. Burr….goes the siren as we walk on to the field in our positions.


The CORO crowed went wild as the game began: Unley had the first kick –off. With tight defence we turned over the play with Arnie dribbling up the filed with the ball. He then passed it of to Jack. D, he went for goals but Unley’s goal keeper had saved it. Then Unley’s goal keeper kicked it up the filed, Unley’s forward player had possession of the ball as he was dribbling up the filed he had a shot for goal and our goalie had fumbled the mark.


By the time it was half time and both teams where drawing 2 goal’s all. The coach was pleased with the first half but coach told us to keep our defence tight. CORO had the kick off Arnie had kicked it down the line and James had controlled it and passed it of to Jordon. Jordon had gone for goals and scored. Our supporters had cheered and CORO players were pleased with the fantastic start of the second half. The score ended up being 5-2 CORO’s way with excitement from CORO fan’s.



FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!