I can't believe it happened to me !

I CAN’T BELIEVE IT HAPPENED TO ME.

Back in 1994 there was a school in Coromandel Valley. It was a big school with lots of trees, 200 kids and 20 staff members.

But this story is about 9 girls in year 5 who all loved buying clothes and one staff member. The story goes like this.

Once in 1994, the girls, Samantha (nice girl), Kira (sort of bossy), Sophie (nice), Madi (mean to boys), Steph (bossy), Nicie(caring), Ally(teachers pet) and Alex(nice) all arrived at Elle’s (nice) house to walk to school together.

As they were walking to school, Elle asked “Who would like to do Jump Rope with me?”
“Yes, cool!” all the girls said. When they got to school their teacher, (Mr Barry), read the morning notes it said, “Choir today at lunch and jump rope practice at 11:20 to 1:00.”

They did lots of work and before they knew it was lunch time. They quickly ate their lunch and went to the hall.

When they got there Lou (the leader) said “Welcome. I hope you can skip!”

They went inside and got a rope and showed what they could do.
They were horrible at it. All expect one - Elle – who was the best and she ended up teaching her friends how to skip properly.

They practised every lunch and they slowly got better. When it was jump rope again Nicie, Steph, Madi, Sophie, Ally Alex, Kira and Samantha showed Lou what they could do.

Lou was very very imprest on how much they had learnt and what a great job Elle had done.

Lou said, “Elle could become the helper leader and start a year 4 jump rope team and Elle could teach the year 4'S how to skip.”

***

My name is Elle, and now I am a teacher, and guess what – I take the Jump Rope teams as well! I can’t believe it happened to me!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!