I can't believe it happend to me

I can’t believe it Happened
To me

“I can’t wait till tonight,” said Max. “Yeh” said Sam in a loud booming voice we are going to thrash them. It was the big grand final tonight at the powerhouse we were playing the Melbourne Thrashers. “Lets hope we cane them like we did last week,” said Ben. The bell went for the end of school. “See you in a couple of hours,” said Nathan. ”See ya Pinchy,” Every one said. We call him Pinchy because his last name is Pinch.

2 HOURS LATER

We all got there about 45 minutes before the game started. We did some warm-ups. 5 minutes till the game started and I choose the way I wanted to go because I was captain. There was one problem. Sam (our best tap man) was not here. “Where is Sam?” said Dad (the coach). “ I don’t know?” every one said to Dad. “Great how are we going to win this one now? Ben yelled. “Ok then I’ll have to make some changes to the, team Jack you go as tap man and Ben you go as centre”.


The umpire blew his whistle. “Ok boys”. We all took our positions and the umpire threw the ball up and their tap man was tall. He tapped the ball to one of his centres but his hands missed the ball, so Ben took the ball straight out of his hands. Just like that Ben dribbled the ball to the 3-pointer line. “ Lead!” he yelled in loud voice. Pinchy leapt out from behind his opponent “ Here” Pinchy yelled. Pinchy put the ball up and went straight in for a swish.


18 minutes had gone in the first half and we were down by 10 points. I guess it was because Sam was not here. They just scored a goal so Max took the pass from the base line. Max could throw really far. He spotted Pinchy in the key by himself. Max bombed the ball to the key. Pinchy ran to the ball he was out of the 3-pointer but he could still shoot from there. He shot and the ball hit the ring and bounced on the ring a couple of times and popped in. There was 1 minute left. “Don’t let em get a goal now!” Dad yelled. So we held it up around our goal but we could not shoot there defence was too good.

It was half time. Dad spoke to us about how we had to be more careful in defence because Sam was not here. We had a couple of drinks. We were talking about our defence then the door flung wide open. Sam came running through the door. “Where have you been?” everybody asked. “No time to speak let’s play!” yelled Sam.

There was 1 minute left in the game. We were down by 2 points. Some how we had caught up. It was our free so Sam passed it of to Jack D-K. Sam yelled “one two”. So Jack passed back to Sam and Sam took the ball up. Someone came up and nearly took the ball off him but Sam kept it away. Then passed he to me there was 7 seconds to go I dribbled the ball out of the three pointer, everything seemed like it was in slow motion. 4 seconds left and I shot.

It hit the ring and went around and around. The siren rang and the ball just simply fell in. I could not believe it happened to me!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!