I can't believe it happened to me

I cant believe it happened to Me

One normal day after school, Ned, Alex, Riley ,Josh and me where skating on the drive- way practising Kick flips and other tricks, when a guy drove up the street in a black Subaru WRX. He starred as he went past. He got to the end of the street and turned around and stopped right in front of the house. He got out and came over to me. Ned said he might be a talent scout.

When he got to me he asked if I was sponsored, I said no, and asked what was going on. He said he was from Element, and that someone said that there were some talented skaters in the neighbourhood. So you’re asking me to try out. Yes I am. Come to the Adelaide skate park on Saturday.

On Saturday I turned up, he was there skating. When he saw me he skated over. I said I’m ready to tryout. Good. You have 10 minutes to impress me, but I’m sure you will. I dropped in, it was so smooth. I went up the spine and starfish back flipped it and landed perfect. I had 5 minutes to go, I went up the Quarter pipe and rock the fakeed.

I was going to the fun box when my deck snapped and I went flying. I landed on my arm, I thought I was done. I got up and started cursing. I thought it was all over. He yelled out congratulations, you are in. Come by Jetty surf and I’ll give you a new set up, and next Saturday you’ll be flying off to Vegas to participate in the Globe World Cup. Okay, I’ll practise.

On Friday I was practising a nolly to pogo when the car from next door jumped in front of me, and when I tried to dodge, my board tripped me up. I landed on my arm, and I heard a CRACK. I was in agony. Mum came out and helped me get up. She rang the hospital to get xrays.

I was so angry I had missed my chance at being a pro skater. I am so mad at next door. I rang Mike the talent scout and said, I think I have broken my arm. After explaining what happened, Mike said I should sue them. You think? Yeah. I’ll pay for the lawyer. Good. I’ll call you tomorrow. Okay.

On Saturday the phone rang, it was Mike. Hi Mitchell. I’ve rung a lawyer, the trial will be tomorrow. Lots of thoughts went through my mind that night. My wish is to at least get the same as I would have got if I won the Cup. I eventually walked out of court the next day with 1 million dollars. I am still annoyed that I missed my chance at being on the pro circuit, but I got as much money as I would get if I came first in the Globe World Cup.


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!