I can't believe it happend to me!

I was bored, bored of jump rope. How come I was always had to do the skipping trick I couldn’t do? I was acutely thinking of quitting jump rope, but that was until. Hang on I can’t go jumping in to it before you know what is going on so heres what happens.

I am in a school jump rope team. I have been in it for 2 years. Both of those years I have had a different captain. Both of them have made me do tricks I can’t do. This year if the captain makes me do tricks I can’t do I QUIT! But there’s one problem I like jump rope and I don’t want to quit, but I will if they make me do tricks I can’t do.

3 days later I went to ask sue who the jump rope captain was.
She said “no body has asked me so you can be it if you want.”
“Of course I want to be it.”
“Well the you’ll need to get a team of six other girls.”
“But you’re only allowed six girls on a team.”
“I know, one is a reserve.”
So I got six other girls who are Sarah, Maya, Kira, Clare she’s the reserve, Brenda and Ellen.

I told the team that we would do practices on Thursday lunch times. The training was difficult because only Me, Sarah and Maya had done it before so we had to teach the basics to the rest.

After about 5 weeks the others were doing the hardest tricks and they liked it. We started going in to some competitions for fun. We didn’t try our best because we didn’t really want to go in the finals. All together we did 10 other competitions, we acutely did quite well given we weren’t trying hard.

We preformed in front of our school and others we also preformed at the royal Adelaide show. These are some of our favourite tricks double Dutch, the wheel and eggbeater.

Three weeks later we got a letter saying we got in to the finals, and it was in 2 days we started training like mad. When there was one day to go Kira broke her ankle so we had to get Clare so we had to train even harder.

At the competitions venue there were four other teams. The first team was quite good, the second team seemed like they didn’t enjoy them selves. Then we had our turn I don’t think we made any mistakes. The last 2 teams didn’t seem very good at all. When the awards were given out the team that went last came third the first team came second and we came first!!! I couldn’t believe it. We actually came first. I went up to get the trophy every one was clapping.

When I got back to school there was a special assembly to congratulate us I couldn’t believe it. I was very glad I didn’t quit jump rope otherwise this wouldn’t have happened.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!