Nerves

I'm getting those nerves again. The ones that makes you forget all your lines the one that makes you think “oh why did I sign up for this” I thought being a school leader sounded great but getting up in front of the school and make a speech to actually be one was difficult.
Her thoughts were interrupted by loud clapping “and next will be” I melted into my seat “Judina Hallold” Oh thank god for that I thought regaining my posture. “Thank you Judina” “and now a round of applause for Lucy Cyclops” my suddenly blood felt a hundred degrees warmer. Without even wanting to my legs lifted me off my seat. My palms sweating and legs wobbling uncontrollably. How was I to do this.
I approached the microphone having a mind blank I forget where to start.
But I catch a glimpse of my friend Nicole who mouthed to me “you can do it Lucy just try” before quickly adding look at your palm cards “I suddenly feel something in my hands it was my beloved palm cards I feel like a fool for forgetting about them. I briefly glimpse at them and everything comes back to me in a flurry.
Thank you Nicole I thought vividly. Being my close friend she always knew what I felt. But no time for feeling grateful. Because the assistant principal had given me a nod which indicated for me to start. My speech comes tumbling out. Applauds fill the air and I start to relax. I take my seat once again. I feel as a mountain has been lifted off my shoulders.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!