Harvesting Honey

Harvesting Honey

I go on a lot of holidays for really good, lovely, beautiful photographs but this surely has to be the best. I have to go down a gorgeous florescent, green, mossy, rock-face to collect some of the most lovely, sweetest, fresh wild honey comb. I was having the once of a life time opportunity and you have to admit it’s really fun going on wonderful adventures like this. That was until I almost got stung by a bee and could of fallen 100+ meters to my death. I know I shouldn’t have detached my safety harness to get in that little gap for the honey but it just had to be done. Who else gets to go down a 300m drop and takes an epic picture in the thick gloomy fog?
The smell of the rainforest was the most beautiful, fresh smell I’ve ever smelt and the smell of the hives was just outstanding it was the sweetest most pure rich honey smell, way better that fake artificial smell in honey that you buy in the store, it just has way too much sugar to start with. The whole time I could just hear the loud pouring of the fresh water rainforest water fall. Just before we go I just we go I just had to crush the oozing honey comb as it just oozes though my fingers.
The only thing that made me want to even risk my life for this honey was because it’s only the richest, most magical honey, it can even heal you. After I put all the honey in the big van full of jars, I went down to the bottom of the ladder to get to the bottom of the crevice but the ladder didn’t reach. So instead of getting another ladder piece the first time I decided to try and climb on the little cliff side and started climbing down the rough, jagged rock face, then… I see a big fluffy, white chicken. I wondered to myself “what’s a chicken doing down here and why is it so clean in a place like this”. I picked it up, it started to nest in my arms like it thought I was its mother. I told the rest of the team to come down with another ladder and look what I found. So I attached the ladder piece and started climbing. Then, CRACK, the ladder snapped….
I managed to grab on one handed with my other hand wrapped around the chicken. The chicken was frightened, so I began to climb as fast as I could to save the chicken, hoping it didn’t jump. Once I finally got to the top I put the chicken in the front of the van wrapped in towels to keep it warm, closed the van doors and got out of here leaving the snapped ladder to show the story. Just a week later I was all over the international news and very well-known world-wide. The government later put a big sign telling the story and made the crevice into an international tourist site.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!