Always Remembered

Excellence Award in the 'Inspired 2019' competition

I miss my Uncle Ronald.
He died in March. From Cancer.
He got very skinny and had an oxygen tank so he could breathe.
He didn’t smile a lot but he always smiled when he saw me.
We liked to talk about trains and we would go to model train shows together.
Even when Uncle Ronald was very sick he would show me his most special model trains.
From off the top shelf of his old brown wardrobe.
Then we would talk about trains and he would take them out of their boxes so we could see them better.
And he would smile.
Once when he showed me some trains he gave me good advice
“Never trust an engine without a dome” and “You can never have too many trains”
And we chuckled.
He also built me a model train table. But it stopped working. And he was too sick to fix it.
That made him sad.
And then he died and my mum cried a lot. I hugged her.
I miss my Uncle Ronald and I wish there was no such thing as Cancer. And my train table is still broken.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!