I Hate What Mum Cooks For Dinner

I asked my Mum what was for dinner? She said that we were having pescety bollernas. Thats like grubs and worms in my world. I begged her, I'll have anything besides that but she said no. I guess I had to eat it. So I got my spoon and scooped up the first mouthful. It looked so slimy and juicy. SLUGS, BUGS, WORMS and SNAILS! For dinner! Gross, right. I had to have the whole bowl, I ate it all, it was disgusting.

After dinner I went for a shower. I could feel all the grubs and bugs in my belly. Wiggiling and squiggiling. I got out of the shower, soaking wet and all the water was creating a big puddle on the bathroom floor. I slid across the floor crashing heavily on my bottom, ouch! I grabbed the bathroom benched an pulled myself off the floor, snatching my towel. I was cleaning my teeth and the leftover food, still in my mouth, felt like worms slithering inside me. I got the toothpaste and toothbrush and fought off the worms in my mouth. I was relieved but I still had the disgusting taste in my mouth. Now they were peppermint flavoured bugs.

I went to go give my Dad a hug goodnight but I couldn't keep still. My Dad said, "do you have ants in your pants?" "NO" I said, "I have bugs in my belly." I ran around the house screaming “the bugs, the bugs!”

It was time for bed. I wasn't ready. The slugs, bugs, worms and snails were still in my belly, the horrible taste was still in mouth. I couldn't go to bed yet. I crawled up the stairs and rolled down the hallway, "my belly, my belly" but no one was listening. My Mum and Dad won, I was finally in bed.

I was in bed but could not sleep. I was tossing and turning, wrigilling and jigilling, it felt like ages before I fell to sleep. In the morning I could hear the birds chirping. I was scared that they wanted the fat juicy worms from my belly. I raced down the stairs to have my breakfeast, phew, no sign of worms. As I walked out the front door I turned and yelled "Hey Mum, What’s for dinner tonight"...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!