The End Times

We got too caught up. Too distracted.
Not sure if it was unanimously decided that we should use invisible worth for trading, but that's what ended up being used.
Didn't take long for it to be abused.
Power, through invisible worth.
Now status was taken to a new level. And before they knew it, humanity was transported on a journey of isolation.
Isolation of all kinds, too. But mostly, isolation from the things that made us, us.
We became isolated from the sense of community, a tribe.
We became isolated from each other, however that came to be.
And most importantly, we became isolated from the very ground we live on.
We paved over it,
Mercilessly dug through it,
And massacred the homes and lives of other lives we used to coexist with.
Now here we are with the last of our extracted metals, coals, jewels, woods, skins and meats,
What now?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!