Confidence

The sun’s watching from far above, shall we not worry for the skies, but how high we can fly.
Escaping the heat as I soar through the sky, my wings are losing motion, spray them with lotion
I shall be a bird that keeps it’s distance from the land.
I shall be a butterfly that sparkles in the light though times may not be so bright.
My wings have not fallen and I’m still controlling.
For that I must continue, in will of my dreams and those who are watching.
I demand not to die, I have dreams I want to fulfil until the end of time.
If I can still move, then I must devour the thirst to fall.
Flying towards the vast sun to find the girl named Life.
She’d give me confidence, confidence to remove my cries.
Amongst the silence she’d tap my head.
White, all I saw white. I lay on the white floor around the white walls.
The only unusual colour was blue, I was blue.
My hand reached out to the white ceiling, where the sun supposedly was.
I want to fly, get away from my problems and live through tough times.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!