The Drought

THE DROUGHT
Once my home was green and lush but now it’s turned to dirt and dust.
The dam was a place where we used to play with boats, boards and fishing rods.
In the dam we used to catch saratoga, well that is all over. We tried our luck for golden perch but now its turn to mud and dirt.
The rain hasn’t fallen for months ,the grass has died, the land is barren.
The whirly wind blows picking up dust on the way.
We hide inside to protect our eyes and pray for rain again.
Our cows and horses roam the dry empty paddock in search of food,
but now they depend on us each day for more and more food.
I go to bed at night crying to hear the rain on the roof so in the morning I wake up fresh in a whole new world.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!