Buried Treasure

An old twisting dirt track snaked its way down and along the countryside, weaving its way down to the bottom of a winding creak bed. The loud morning sun peaking its head just over the horizon, glaring down into the soft, sparkling water. Far down below, large and colourful birds danced in the far-off branches, sending autumn coloured leaves floating down into the dirt. My steps echoed through the red stone walls. I knew, knew, knew it was here...just not the exact position. I gently leant down and brushed the soil with my fingertips. I clenched my fists and began to dig, I quickly picked up the pace, my hands scraping through the clay-like dirt. Tears streamed down my face, my airways clenched together. I let out a gut-wrenching shreak that echoed through the creek. I collapsed, my hands bleeding...'I'll find you eventually, just you wait'.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!