The Bully

I ran on my small toes trying not to get caught. My shivering feet carried me over to the door. My pounding heart didn’t stop beating quickly. My shaking hands opened the door with a loud creak. I glanced at the bully and tried to run but he was already stomping towards me with his fiery eyes staring at me. I tried to run as fast as my legs could carry me but it was no use. The bully had already put his two hands around my neck. I coughed and spluttered but there was no escape.

“Come down stairs and hop in the car!” My mum shouted, “You are late for school!” I bolted down stairs and hopped in the car with aa huge sigh. I shut the door and the car dashed off on the roads of Sydney. “Mum, I hate school!” I insisted,” I’m NOT going!” You have to go!” replied mum incredibly loud that she popped my eardrums. I was dumped at the school gates. I walked with my trembling feet and trembling hands. Who will I meet? Would it Jack the Bully? My thoughts seared my brain. I had a gut feeling something awful was bound to happen.

“Seriously!” I cried “I knew I would have to meet you here! “I didn’t dare move. The misbehaved, mean bully was staring at me in the eyes. Sweat dripped down my face. “Good to see you Jack” I yelled as polite as I can with my shivering voice. I slowly walked backwards trying to escape but he stomped towards me demanding me for money. “Give me your money.” He demanded in a sly way.

I turned my back to him trying to run away but he had already placed his two course hands on my neck and started strangling me. Now there was no escape. The large blue gates were closed and the bell had just rung. I struggled trying to slide out of his enormous hands but they were squeezed to tight around me. I tried pushing his hands off me but he was way too strong. Now I had a real gut feeling that something bad was bound to happen. Help! I screamed louder than a lion’s roar. I coughed and spluttered to stop. Oh! How I wished I was in my cosy and warm bed having tea. He let me go but unfortunately, he pushed me harder to the floor. He punched me and now I was in a world of Pitch-Black. This was the end.

Ding! Dong! The recess bell rang as everyone stared at me then the bully. I was unconscious for an hour. The whole grade gasped. They all charged at him with a huge smile spreaded across their face. Was this true? Is Jack really, really defeated?

Jack was finally expelled. The grade celebrated in the playground. My new name at school was ‘Hero!’. I couldn’t fight a baby but now I can fight a bully in grade 6.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!