Steve Dalton Catching Deadly 60 Dangerous Fish Part Two.

My plane was now above the sparkly Cairns Inlet, I was due to meet my friend Ashton and his best buddy Carlos. These guys know a lot about the Cairns Inlet and the secret spots to catch fish and sharks. The pilot announced to get ready for landing l thought about my last trip to the amazon it was a phenomenal trip with lots of deadly 60 fish caught like black piranha, electric eel, giant wolfish, Nile perch and the vampire fish with razor sharp teeth.
Bumpity bump we landed, the doors of the plane opened and the tropical fishing day began. I was excited. Let’s get out into the inlet, Ashton and Carlos had the boat ready. “Okay let’s go it was going to be an epic trip” said Carlos. “What fish are you keen to catch”? l knew exactly what was on my deadly 60 list Leopard ray, bream and reef shark. So let’s get out and go fishing. “Should l use lures want or bait”? “Both mabey lures and bait, or Whatever you want”? “Carlos should we go to the secret spot”? said Ashton, “Totally, yes but maybe first for the bream and maybe with leopard ray we should go behind that island”. I baited up my hook with a juicy prawns because Bream love prawns. Behind the little island was the perfect spot to catch fish like bream. I cast my line, splash in the water. I wait and then there was a tug on my line, I gave the fish some line to let it run then slowly start reeling it in. I am pretty sure it is a Leopard Ray, “yep its is” I shouted. I keep reeling and the ray fought hard but I got it in the boat. That's the Leopard Ray off my deadly list.

We all have our lines back in the water. I hear the current pushing on our lines, the tide is changing, this will bring on the Bream. Then bam! l have a fish on, it’s an easy fight a bream for sure l reel in line and pull the good size yellowfin bream into the boat. That’s the bream off my list. We cut it into fillets as the best part is I can use this for fresh bait to catch a shark or even a crocodile. “Let’s bait our lines, should l use a circle hook or a normal hook”? Ashton said a circle hook so the bait stays on. Let's go to predators playground the best shark catching spot in the North. The engine roars we took off out rocket speed . Hears the spot .Ashton shouted . l quickly cast my line and something was playing with it . Bam the fight is on .l wind frantically as fast as I can .I'm pretty sure l can see it’s fin in the dark waters.Yep it is a shark.That’s the reef shark off my list.Next we head to the secret spot which is close to the boat ramp. It is a great fishing spot, the most active place to catch fish and see crocodiles. We are going to have a big chunk of mullet for bait to lure in a croc. I cast my line into the middle of the dark water near the bank and wait. Jiggle, tug, ooh there's something on my line, it's a massive one! My rod is bent and touching the water. It takes, all of my skill to make sure it doesn’t get off. Its green and big, yep its a crocodile about 3 meters long. The boys help me get it closer to the boat and we release it and it swims off unharmed.

That's my list done. Awesome job boys. See you later Ashton and Carlos this was the best inlet fishing ever.

The End.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!