Lost And Found Unexpectedly

Rosie, who is only five years old, was reading a boring book in the plane. ”What time is it mummy?” she asked. It felt like hours to her. She has been reading the boring book over and over again. In fact it was so boring that half her mind was asleep.
It just wasn’t fair. Her brother annoying Sam and her dad got to go on airplane that gives you food and you can watch movies, as always. Rosie and her mum went on a cheap airline, so they couldn’t do either of them. Meanwhile, the plane was slowly reaching Hobart in Tasmania. When Rosie walked out of the airport and looked around her, she was utterly amazed. There were so many animals, and Rosie loves animals. They were going to a cafe to meet Sam and Rosie’s dad, on the way Rosie got distracted by some cute little penguins in enclosures, because they were trying really hard to catch her attention. Her mum thought that she was still following her, so she kept on walking. It was only when Rosie’s mum got to the cafe, she noticed that Rosie was missing. she was so afraid and nervous that Rosie was kidnapped. She was literally shaking even though Rosie wasn’t the type of person who got kidnapped. Surprisingly, Rosie noticed that her mum was missing at the same time though she was braver about it than her mum. She asked a couple of trustworthy looking people if they saw her mum, but she forgot to tell them what her mum was wearing.
The adults were worried about her and was about to call the police, then she remembered that they were going to a cafe, so she ran to the cafe before the adults caught up with her, called the police, or anything like that. Her mum thought she might be near the penguin enclosures, so she headed to the enclosure. They bumped into each other because they weren’t looking where they were going. Rosie because she was searching for her mum and she was brave enough to try and find her mum by herself. If she didn’t, then she wouldn’t have been wandering around there enough to bump into her mum, because an adult would have stopped her. Her mum, because she was flustered and worried that Rosie was kidnapped and lost. Together they found Sam and Rosie’s dad. They all got ice cream and told each other jokes about what happened and how Rosie and her mum bumped into each other and found each other expectedly while they looked at the animal enclosures, because they all liked animals. It was a scary experience for Rosie and her mum but afterwards they laughed about it.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!