The Golden Dragon

A long time ago, in an unknown place that is undiscovered, was the beautiful, magical and green land of Magnun. Magic coursed all the way from the rich soil to the top of the highest tree. Food was plentiful, and luxury was great. However, instead of being owned by powerful humans, as most lands are, gigantic dragons soared in the sky of Magnun. Despite Magnun being such a great land, there was no powerful protection. Which meant that evil coild strike at any time.
Flame, a small golden dragon, knew this, and took extreme caution all the time. However, all of the other dragons, who were much larger than Flame, were never concerned about Magnun's safety and disliked Flame's safety habits. All of the other dragons encouraged Flame to drop his lifestyle and be like the others. But luckily, Flame did not listen to and follow their suggestions.
One day, Flame saw with his sharp eyes a strange shadow. It vanished almost instantly but Flame could remember what it looked like. It was none of the shadows of the dragons and none of the items in Magnun. Similar shadows popped up all day and by sunset, Flame was sure Magnun was getting corrupted. He warned the head dragon but no one listened. By now everyone was infuriated by Flame's habits and now they were enraged. They told Flame to leave and half willingly, and half forced to, Flame flew far away from Magnun.
Eventually Flame found a small island that had plenty of resources to make a nest and survive. He settled there and started on making a nest. While he was building, Flame thought about Magnun and the other dragons. He managed to convince himself that they were fine and kept building. Meanwhile, in Magnun, massive shadows were crawling into Magnun. Flowers wilted and trees rotted. The dragons panicked and conveniently flew in a group towards Flame's island. They all united again and swore to not make the same mistake. They carved that oath onto a rock and a shield sprung around the island. The dragons lived happily ever after and that is how the green land of Magnun turned into a rocky wasteland ruled by dark shadows.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!