The Never Ending Room

Trembling with fear, I look for my house, but it’s pitch black. I see nothing. All different sounds are flying at me and tears start to build in my weary eyes. I frantically drop my head into my hands as my knees relinquish to the ground. Suddenly, I see a light appear, I walk slowly to it, but I slam into a wall. I push with all my strength to get past, but nothing.
I try to walk in other directions, but it’s the same, I run into another wall and another. Something strange flashes before my eyes and weirdly circles around me. At this point I feel like giving up, I shiver with the thought of never getting home. More stranger things circle around me, I close my eyes hoping this was all just a dream, but no. Suddenly a sound of a door slams open and everything goes silent. I look around me to see where the sound was coming from, then the walls turn to the colour grey.
I can’t see through the walls now, that’s when I realised I am in a small room. I noticed a walkie talkie duct taped to the wall, I rip it off and speak into it. A muffled voice echoes from it, but I don’t understand. I quickly hold it against my ear, but it’s still the same muffled voice. I sprint to one of the corners of the room and plomp myself down. I curl up in a small ball and I can’t feel my hands, they are numb from holding my legs tightly. I noticed that there was ceiling on the roof. I thought of an idea, I put my thinking cap on and I started to think of ideas.
I finally thought of a brilliant idea (that was reasonable) to get me out of this nightmare. If I had the perfect grip, I could climb my way up to the end of the walls and out the other side. Hopefully on the other side was the image I had been wanting to see. I try several times to climb up, but my grip was not sufficient. I try and try over and over again but it’s not worth it. I tell myself to give up, I was never going to be able to get out of there. But then I hear my family’s voices which encouraged me to give it another go. I use all the energy I have to push me over the other side. Finally I had made it, I was so proud of myself. But when I got over the other side, it was the exact same room.
I sink into the ground and I burst into tears knowing I’m never going to escape. I close my eyes for the last time, still hoping it was all a dream. I rapidly open my eyes to find myself in my bedroom. I give a giant sigh of relief and dash to see my loving family.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!