Here Underwater.

I entered the bathtub, all ready to free my miscellaneous thoughts as my legs enter the depth of the water. The volume of the water in all its glory consumes my body as i leant my head against the end of tub. My neck slid down, as I took a deep breath. I tilted my head up, as I saw the illuminating light above me. I submerged myself, head to toe, and close my eyes as I felt the water immerse itself to take my figure. I was about to go back up, when I opened my eyes subtly, and I saw I was in darkness. I was bewildered at the sight of just the murky blend of depression. Everywhere you look, darkness just surrounds you, as you slowly realise you are becoming one with it. My eyes adjusted to the darkness, as I saw a figure emerge from a distance. A gust of wind blew past me, as I looked up, and saw a ball of light; as big as the sun, formed up above me. I narrowed my eyes, as I saw the silhouette of somebody walking slowly up to me. The closer it got, the more I could drag out the details of this figure. Hair accompanied it up to its waist, and the figures legs were long and skinny. The shadow was then just a few metres away from me, when my heart dropped. It was she. She was me. She then stood in front of me and looked me up and down. Her eyes were like knives through my soul, and I felt weak within her presence. I was feeling vulnerable. She leant closely and whispered something to me. I was puzzled, as all I heard was a whisk of air. She once again, leant closer, and this time; I heard it. “You are still underwater,” she exclaimed, as she composed herself, and smirked. Shivers went up my spine, and I felt my heart throbbing. She took a step back and disappeared into the mists of absolutely nothing. I looked up, and I saw the ball of light. It was so small. I tried to get myself off my feet, yet I just could not do it. I wasn’t going to make it. As I started giving up hope, I gave it one more try, and jumped as high as I could. This time, I was closer; much closer. I looked underneath me, and saw myself again, holding me up. She looked me in the eyes, and this time I felt warm inside. She said something, before I jumped, and I will never forget what she said to me. My chest lightened, as I hyperventilated for a while. I got myself a towel and cleaned up the mess on the floor. I looked into the mirror and repeated what she said to me. What I said to myself; “I’m here for you, always.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!