The Wild War

Crash!
Bombs fell out of the dark sky, leaving dents as they hit the ground, destroying everything in their path.
A little girl fled from her burning house. Her name was Lilly – and she was only eight. She had an older brother, Mason, who was thirteen, and tried to keep her safe, though it was difficult.
“Lilly!” Mason called, as she ran through smoke, wheezing and coughing madly, her chest tight.
Mason hurtled to her side – she was falling to her knees, grazing them on the concrete. He covered her mouth, and before they knew it their home was gone.
Together, they got up. Lilly looked around at her grey, fire-engulfed surroundings. “It’s all gone…” she said miserably, bursting into tears.
Mason attempted to cheer her up.
“It’s okay, Lilly…We can start over!” he was sad, but trying to be cheerful for his sister.
Lilly stared at him, blue eyes round, blinking hard. “W-we can?” she wiped her eyes.
“Yes – we can!” Mason pulled her into a hug.
After a long time, they managed to build a small village. It was a LOT of effort, and they managed.
The End.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!