The Story Of The Dragon Nightmare

I woke with a shock. I just had a nightmare! I dreamt a dragon came and attacked me while I was asleep! So I dragged my tired body out of bed, and to my surprise, I saw a smooth, shiny, pitch black, enormous egg lying on my pillow!
I froze… the egg started moving unexpectedly… it started jumping. It fell to the floor with a startling crack!!!
And then… a smooth, swift dragon flew upon my face! I wanted to scream but nothing came out of me. So I stared at the dragon, motionless. Then I started to think the dragon was actually cute, but in a ferociously fierce kind of way.
Suddenly, once again, the dragon flew up and sat on my arm. The dragon felt cold and fierce. I wanted to give the dragon a name, so I started to think of some names I could call him, like ‘Fire Heart’ or ‘Stealth Driver’. Then, out of the corner of my eye, I saw a swift, quick movement out my window that was coming this way!
I ran back into my bed and hid under the covers. I looked out from my covers and I was shocked by what I saw. It was the dragon from my dream. Now I think my dream was real! I started to wonder where the baby dragon was, and soon I saw where the baby dragon was. He was on the old dragon's head. And when the old dragon noticed the baby dragon on his head, the dragons flew out into the dark shadows of the night and left me alone.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!