MRS DARK'S HOUSE

Once there were six friends. They loved solving mysteries. Liv decided they should start a mystery solving group called THE 6 QUESTIONS.
One day Liv the group’s leader called everyone and told them to quickly go to her house. When they got there Liv told them that last week she saw someone get sucked into a pitch black house. Everybody looked shocked. Then Alba said “Well we have a mystery to solve!”
The next day the girls met in the garden of the pitch black house.
Catalina asked Liv “Why did you bring cookies?”
“We’re going to try and be kind to the owner of the house before anything".
“Kind?” shouted Catalina. “She might be some sort of evil witch or something.”
“No she won’t “
“Can we just go with the plan?
“Ok”
Lucienne rang the doorbell of the house. This creepy lady opened the door and said “What do you kids want?” in a mean voice.
“We’re trying to be kind to you and offer you some cookies as my friend Liv said.”
“Cata!”Whispered Liv .
“What?”
“Just be quiet and give me the cookies” said the creepy lady at the front door.
“Ok, here you go”.
Then the creepy old lady slammed the door, everyone stared at Cata, annoyed. “It wasn’t all my fault, like really guys.”
“Ok, time for plan B, let’s sneak in” said Liv
Once in Liv saw the person who had got sucked in the house last week and she said “Quick escape! get out before it’s too late, she’ll kill you too otherwise.”
But it was too late, Mrs Dark was behind them and said “Ha! I’ve caught you now!” and used her magic wand to move them into her bathroom.
Then Olive said “Red button, must press red button.”
“Don’t press the RED button” shouted everyone, but it was too late.
The old lady flung the bathroom door open and said “Who pressed the red button?”
Everyone was pointing at Olive, looking embarrassed. “Now the house is alive” said the creepy old lady.
“What do you mean by 'alive' creepy old lady?”
“The name’s Mrs Dark, not Creepy Old Lady, just saying. I mean by the house being alive is that it’s going to eat you if you don’t turn it off.”
Everyone was scared. “How do we turn it off?”
“You have to push the blue button outside the front door which is actually the doorbell, but it works as a doorbell when the house isn't alive.”
“Ok, QUESTIONS we have to swim through the pool of furniture.”
"Now we have to go through the mud.”
"We made it." they went outside Abbie pressed the blue button and the house was back to normal.
“Where did Mrs Dark go?”
“I don’t know”
“She probably ran away because she was worried about her house.”
She was actually watching them from high up on a cloud and she was laughing an evil laugh.

Liv said “See you on the next mystery!”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!