A Journey To Deep Space

Once upon a time there lived a boy named Nate, he always interested about space and was thinking that if he became an astronaut, he could find mysterious objects in space that no human has ever come across.

One night when Nate was asleep, he had a dream, in his dream he and his friend, Daniel were going to go on a space mission to find any signs of life.While they were in orbit with the Earth the boosters (boosters which accelerate the space shuttle) on the space shuttle turned on automatically and was getting ready to blast off again!

Nate and Daniel had to do something otherwise they would get lost in space, Nate and Daniel tried to turn off the boosters but there was no sign of hope.

Few minutes later Nate woke up and saw Daniel just unconscious lying on the floor, Nate shook him as hard as he could and Daniel woke up. He asked Nate “What happened and where are we?”. Nate checked outside to see if they were still in Earth’s orbit but they were not.
Nate replied, “We are lost in space!”. Daniel asked Nate “What is that big glowing ball”. Which was a few kilometres away. They decided to investigate.

When they were right in front of it, they realised it was a star that was glowing really brightly, just in a second “BANG!”. The star exploded and left a huge blackhole, Nate and Daniel knew what a blackhole was capable of and they turned on their boosters as soon as possible (A blackhole is a region of space where gravitational forces are very high so no matter or radiation can escape there).

They only just escaped the blackhole, while Nate was driving the space shuttle, Daniel was using his galaxy locater to find the Milky Way Galaxy but there was no sign of hope.

After a few hours they found a galaxy that looked exactly like the Milky Way, so Nate said to Daniel, “Let’s use the Galaxy locater to make sure this really is the Milky Way.”

But when Daniel went to pick it up its battery had died out and they had no charger, so they entered the Galaxy and found a Solar System that looked like our own Solar System.

They found a planet that looked like Earth, they decided to see if it was Earth or not, so they landed and stepped out but the life was quite, different, Nate was just about to see the life on the planet when a loud “Wake UP!” noise was made.
Just then his mum came to his room and said to hurry up and get to school.

Nate rushed to school and told Daniel the whole story.

Nate asked Daniel, “Do you think it will happen in the future?”



THE END



































































FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!