Samantha And The Different Dimensions

“Strange portals swallow up towns all over the country, the city of Alcimore untouched.” Browns reported.

“Turn it off! I can’t stand his voice!” I complained.

“Shush! I’m trying to hear the news,” Rose groaned snottily.
I glared at her, and that’s when the galactic space tunnel sucked me into another dimension.

Hi. I’m Samantha Jones. I live with my parents, irritating older sister, a cheeky puppy called Max and three chickens. My life’s been pretty normal, at least, until now.

Dohff! I put my hands on my head and wearily opened my eyes. My eyes widened as I took in the alluring scene before me. The jade green grass I sat on was as soft as fairy floss. In front of me was a winding gravel pathway. I slowly stood up and followed the path. Stopping when I reached a small town, I heard peculiar noises. There were little alien-like creatures waddling about. They all looked at me.

“Hello Miss,” said a crackly voice. I looked down to see a purple faced alien with the biggest, sparkliest, emerald eyes I had ever seen. I replied shakily, “I’m Sam… Samantha. Would you kindly tell me how I got here... whatever this place is?”. “I think yous is better be coming with me” said the alien, in bad English. It held up it’s fuzzy little hand and with its other hand, it made a shooing gesture towards the crowd.

The creature led me to its house. It opened the paint splattered door and I followed it inside. There was a stove and a sink on one wall, a multi-coloured mat in the middle, and loads of bookshelves, cushions and beanbags. It had a ladder that led up to a loft-like bedroom. Everything was warm and smelled like toasted marshmallows. It pulled me over to a small table decorated to look like a toadstool.

“Yous must be so blugfungled. Me is named Zippy, and yous be Samamta” he said. “Samantha,” I corrected.

“Well” he stated, “Welcome to Fuzzburg. I am having to have serious talkings to yous” he said, puffing out his chest. “I have been super thoughtful of yous and your fellow hooman beans!” he said proudly. He skipped over to one of his bookshelves and pulled out a red velvet book. Two winding strands of ivy circled the front cover and dangled down the spine. On the cover were words encrusted in gold that read, ‘Legendary Worlds”. Zippy dumped the book on the table and struggled to stand on the toadstool chair opposite me. Now he was at eye level he started to explain the book he had been working on.

I listened with intrigue to the creature present his work, diagrams and facts. He was good at explaining things. “Let me get this straight,” I said. “Someone has opened portals to a different dimension as an experiment, and now it has spiralled completely out of control?” “Yes” Zippy replied, his smile fading. “And wees must be stopping it!”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!