My Alien Adventure

Today could not get any worse…I had to get to school and was running late. Then I missed the bus and had to walk to school instead. It looked like everyone was going to be late though, as the traffic was bad. Up ahead, I could see what was causing the delay. It was a huge green spaceship, with five square windows. In one window, I saw a head - but it quickly moved away. What was it?!

Suddenly, the door opened and out walked an alien. He looked exactly as you’d imagine - grey, wrinkly with massive googly eyes. There was no mistaking that this creature was from another planet. I tried to sneak past the spaceship but I found myself being dragged inside it. I couldn't get away. Suddenly, everything went black. When I woke up, the alien was standing right in front of me and I was terrified! But then it spoke and introduced itself as George and said he'd show me his planet. It seemed like it didn’t want to harm me and that he was a friendly alien. Before I knew it, we zoomed off.

George’s planet was very different but very cool. We talked and played together for ages, but before I knew it, it was time to go. It was already recess at school. We hopped back into the spaceship and tried to fly off but nothing happened. George checked the engine and said the fuel was low. We had to get some more so I could still make it to school before lunchtime.

Turns out aliens make fuel and need weird ingredients to do so. The first ingredient we needed was moon cheese - whatever that was. So off on another adventure we went. George led me to a cheese room which was exactly that – a room filled with hundreds of types of cheese. It was going to take forever to search for the right one! We thought we’d found it but it turned out to be blue cheese, not moon cheese, and then after what seemed like forever, George let out a cheer. He’d found the moon cheese. One ingredient down, one to go.

The next ingredient we had to find was a ghost’s tear. This seemed even harder than the moon cheese but George wasn’t worried. Before I knew it, I was led to a haunted mansion which was very scary. We got changed into Ghostbuster outfits that George had with him, and crept into the haunted house. Suddenly, right before our eyes, we saw what we needed – a ghost! Without wasting any time, George grabbed his spray gun from his outfit and hit the ghost straight in the head. The ghost burst into tears and we knew this was our chance.

With our two ingredients now in our hands, we ran back to the spaceship and made the fuel to start the engine. Then, before I knew it, we were flying back to Earth. Our adventure had taken all day and I’d missed school, so George flew me home instead. I had just enough time to say a quick goodbye to my new alien friend, before I climbed in to my house through my bedroom window so that no one would see me.
As I looked out into the sky and waved goodbye, I thought tomorrow I would make sure I woke up earlier to catch the bus to school.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!