The Scout Family

Baby Joe, Keith, Mimi and Emma (the twins) walked out of the house in excitement, ready to go camping. They walked to the packed car ready to go. “WAIT!” said baby Joe as he looked around, “I forgot teddy.” He raced back to get it before hopping in the car.

“Okay it’s time to head to camp”, said Keith. They went past the park, the pool, the forest, Munji Camp and other places. Finally they arrived at the Aboriginal campsite. The sign said Wallo Camp.

Wallo Camp had everything! It had tents, cabins, music, didgeridoos, boomerangs, aboriginals, and a museum. You name it! But there was one rule Emma and Mimi hated: NO SCREENS! They did not like this, but they still had fun.

Four days later, just before lunch, Mimi went for a ride on her bike and became lost in the forest nearby. She saw that she’d dropped something out of her backpack, and went to pick it up. She realised it was a compass genie that her mum had given her. She opened it up and a genie floated out. The genie’s name was Jemma. She led Mimi back to her cabin, and returned to her compass.

A few days later Mimi suggested Jemma could come out to play and help around the cabin, and so she did.

When they returned home, Jemma became a part of the family, and they went on many more adventures.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!