A Sun-Kissed Summer Beach Romance

Sunny skies, golden sand, and splashing waves, the perfect setting for a summer beach romance. Heather and Brett gathered their friends and headed down the beach for a fun day out.
“Bet you can’t escape us!” Brett called to Heather, getting the boys on board as they ran down the beach toward the water.
“Game on!” Heather called out, sprinting to getaway. Sand flying through the air, Heather took her chance to escape. Too late. Running towards her, Brett scooped up her legs while Brady, Brett’s tall and handsome best mate, locked her arms in his strong grip.
Shrieking, Heather called out for mercy, trying to convince them to put her down. It was too late, there was no going back. The waves tickled their legs as they ran into the surf. Swinging Heather back and forth, the boys began their tantalising threats.
“One, two, three…” Brett and Brady laughed as they lurched Heather into the water. With arms and legs swinging through the air, giggles escaped from Heather’s lips as she splashed down and waves encompassed her suntanned body.

Floating on the crystal clear water, the friends enjoyed each other’s company. The Aussie sun beat down its scorching rays on their bare skin, as warm as a big bear hug from your uncle Joe. They often spent endless hours on the beach, bathers, boardies and best friends. Nothing could be better.

Looking up, Heather asked, with concern stirring in her voice, “Guys, how far out are we?” Thinking about the creatures that lurk this far out they began to make their way back to the distant shore.

Just then, Heather felt a gooey tug on her leg. “HELP!” She shrieked, concern rising as she thought about how these could be her precious last moments. Her head slipped further and further below the surface, and breathing was getting tough. The tension of the moment didn’t help her dire situation. Gasping, all she got was water as this mysterious creature pulled her down even more. Trying to calm down, Heather reflected on the fun of the day, up until this moment. “What a way to die!” Heather thought dismally.
Just as suddenly as she was grabbed, she felt the slimy grip start to slip away. As hard as she could, she pushed herself towards the surface. Heather gasped, the relief of fresh air filled her lungs. “I, I, I’m alive!” she exclaimed.

“Got ya!” ringed in Heather’s ears. She turned, and looked at the face of her ‘mysterious creature.’
“BRETT!” She yelled, ready to give him a good slap and a lecture about how it wasn’t funny and how she almost died because of his stupid little trick. But then, she caught the glimmer in his bright blue eyes, beneath his crazy appearance and his annoying tricks, was a big heart that she couldn’t ignore. He reached over, and whispered in her ear, “I love you, Heather,” before giving her a sweet kiss on the lips. “I love you too,” Heather said, smiling. Maybe this was a perfect day at the beach after all.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!