Gone Like The Wind

”Good luck Mr Gibbs, you’re going to need it.” I heard Erin whisper as the wooden door creaked and I started my search. It had always been quite eerie in the city of Blighmire. But tonight, there were no lights, no eagles screeching. Out of the blue, I then heard a high pitched scream which sounded like someone I had met before. I walked closer, hearing the rocky concrete beneath me. I vaguely heard the shrill scream once more. I knew right away it was a woman, though very young. I felt the wind blow through the alley against my body. At that stage, I could not describe how cold and hard it was blowing! It could blow away entire houses it was that strong. All of a sudden, it hit me, literally. A steel pole came crashing down and just hit my already throbbing head from the rock I fell on earlier. But that wasn’t the only thing. I had come to a dead end. “Where is she?! Where is she?! Tell me now or else all you will see is this,” and I saw... Emile? She was tied to a wooden chair with a knife against her throat. “OI! Step away immediately from my relative!” It was so horrifying to see that I had to say it. “I do not intend to. You don’t even need to come a step closer.” The sound in his voice told me he had something planned, and it wasn’t good. Next moment I knew the man had pulled a lever and they both fell through a trap door beneath them! I looked down and saw it was no man’s cave. It was pitch black. I tried sliding down but the trapdoor had already closed. Emile was gone. My only relative was... gone. With a complete psychopath who was going to do things to her that even I couldn’t imagine. I subtlety left the room. Knowing that I was never going to get Emile back.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!