THE TALE OF THE JEWELS

Excellence Award in the 'Inspired 2019' competition

Chapter I – Meet the Greedy King
Once upon a time, there was a King. The King was plump and rather sluggish. The King was very rich, but as all truly greedy people, he was insatiable and never satisfied with his lot. He was consumed by his desire for power, wealth and luxury. He was especially interested in amassing jewels and gold.
On a Saturday morning, the plump King’s daughter was born. As you would expect, the greedy sod cared about little else than jewels and power, so he didn't care very much for his daughter.
Chapter II – The King Wants to Get Rid of His Daughter
Instead, he focussed on a scheme to marry her off as quickly as possible as soon as she turned 16. The King made up a poster that said: ‘All my subjects will get the chance to play soccer. I, your most beloved King, have bent the rules ever so slightly. The subject that scores the least amount of goals owes me 600 smackers and the person who scores the most amount of goals, preferably a boy, has the chance to win $1 and my daughter as well.’
The whole kingdom read the poster and everybody thought that this was well worth a try.
Everybody that is – except Bobby Biller. Bobby had once worked for the greedy King as a jeweller.
Bobby thought that he might just skip the competition and head straight for the jewels instead. He hatched a plan and executed it the very same night. Under the cover of night, he sneaked into the King’s jewellery chamber and stole every last jewellery item that the King possessed.
Chapter III – The Theft
The next morning, the theft was discovered. The King was outraged and swore that the thief would be punished by death. The King also promised that any person, who would be able to retrieve the missing jewels would be handsomely rewarded. He promised to give that person half of all the jewels.
Chapter IV – The King Pays Up
Bobby Biller returned to the castle. He made up some story about how he overpowered the robbers and had saved all the jewels. The King was so happy to have at least half his jewels back, he couldn’t hand his daughter and the other half of the jewels over fast enough. He flung the princess into Bobby’s handsome clutches. The princess, who despised her father, luckily got on well with Bobby.
And in time they became great friends and lived a life of luxury. They decided not to get married but just be best mates instead.
The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!