I HATE MY MUM!

When I was small all I wanted was a bunny rabbit, and by the time I had heard all the concerns from my mum the pro list didn’t seem to matter anymore. Although when you are 5 all any kid wants is a pony or a ferret so when the youngest kid in the family wanted a bunny, Mum acted like she had been waiting for this moment to come. She gave me a hug and said, “Oh I know, but you haven’t got the time.” After giving her the ‘I’ll make time’ speech she seemed to be disappointed in me. Apart from not being able to stick up to the bullies in the playground, I am an extremely strong-willed child. Others look at me and think I’m and scrawny wimpy kid with short man syndrome. After 2 days of mum and I arguing she yelled at me to stop arguing with an adult. She always goes on about these funny things called manners. I ‘ve never understood why, it doesn’t seem that important to say please or thank you. None of my friends at school say them, why should I? So, after all that arguing, for the first time in the history of mum and I fighting I listened to her and gave up, maybe it wouldn’t be the end of the world if I didn’t have a bunny. I guess I won’t have time.
About a week later it was my 7th birthday, I got presents and had completely forgotten about that stupid bunny I had sheepishly wanted so badly. Mum got me a monster truck barbie house and I couldn’t wait for my friends to see when they came. I wanted to eat the cake so badly that every time mum left the room, I sat by it and drooled, teasing me and shutting down the idea. Now that I’m a big 7-year-old I am starting to work out what a lunatic my mother is, it took me 7 years of thinking my mum was the best and coolest mum in the world, I must be related to her. 3 hours later mum showed up with all the kids in my class and a giant box with air holes I immediately began to sulk about the house. After Tacos all my friends shouted that I need to open it as I was going to love it. I wanted that bunny when I was 6 now, I’m 7 what am I going to do?
After opening what I thought was going to be a bunny, I screamed with excited and horror of how cool my mum was once again. I realised being 7 doesn’t mean you have to hate your mum because it’s cool. Now all my friends love coming to my house because they get to play with my new puppy Marmalade.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!