New Start

It was eight thirty in the morning when the boys came to take Alyah to Steady State High School. Her parents thought of it in a good way to start over with a new job for dad, a new school for Alyah and a new house to clean for mum. But, was it a good idea to start over again? Alyah was terrified to go to school. The fact that she’s starting a new school froze her mind.
Alyah stepped out of the bus and slowly walked inside to her class. As break time came, she followed the long line to the cafeteria to eat. Alyah was so hungry her mouth watered. She sat by herself. She had no friends and all she wanted to do was go home.
Alyah finished the day strong. Bang! She shut her locker, put a little smile on her face and walked outside to the bus. When she got o the bus she dug through her bag for her ID but she couldn’t find it. The bus driver nicely told her to walk home cause she had to have an ID to take the bus. Beep! All of a sudden the bus driver hit the horn, it was finally time to go.
“Oh no I’ve lost my ID and it’s only the first day of school,” whispered Alyah.
Alyah was inside again, looking for her ID when all of a sudden a red door caught her eyes. She hesitated to open it. Bang! The door shut right behind her. The lights turned on. She looked around, then turned to the door to get out. Click! Alyah tried to open the door but she couldn’t get out. She could see the red door with the glass window and silver door handle.
“Help! Help me, I’m trapped!” Yelled Alyah.
A few seconds later a girl called Abby replied with “What? Who’s that?”
“It’s me Alyah, can you please unlock this door” exclaimed Alyah all sweaty.
This was Abby’s big chance.
“Okay, okay but first do you um, want to be um, friends maybe?” asked Abby.
Alyah nodded happily through the window. When all of a sudden Abby found something on the ground. As she picked it up, she thought about what it was.
“That’s my ID” yelled Alyah joyfully.
As Abby opened the door, she gave Alyah her ID.
“Thanks!” exclaimed Alyah.
They both put a smile on their faces and walked home.
They went to courage club each week. They also walked home blabbering every weekday. Alyah learnt to have courage all the time. Everything soon worked out fine for her.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!