Going Into Year 7

I wake up as usual and get ready for school, but then I remember that today is the first day of transition! I don’t know what to expect. Are the teachers going to be nice? Will I make enough friends to feel welcome? Will I be LATE? Too much to do. I feel like I’m standing on a cliff edge not knowing when to look down. Oh no, the BUS! “Bye mum!” “Bye girls.” On the way to the bus stop I feel anxious about this day. I get butterflies in my tummy. On the bus my friend and I look around at all the other kids. When we arrive, all the other kids run off the bus while my friend and I carefully walk off. We go to teacher and get our timetable for the day. Then the bell rings. We walk over to the teacher who is going to give us a tour of the school. Will I get bullied on my first day? Will I get help when I need it? Well let’s not worry about that stuff and worry about having fun. When we go meet the other kids it makes me excited. Finally, after a big day the bell rings. I run over to the bus and find a seat and head home.
Today is a new day. It’s the last day of transition and next is year 7. I’m a lot more confident because I’ve made a couple more friends. “There’s the bus. Bye mum!” On the way to the bus stop my confidence runs through my body. On the bus I sit as close to the front as I can to get away from the naughty kids up the back. We get to school and we have to do the exact same things as the first day. But this time was even better. At morning tea, I just sat around with my friends. “There’s the bell.” Walking over to the bus, I was full of excitement for next year.
“It’s finally here,” Year 7. I’m finally ready to look down.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!