She Has Always Been There For Me

10 years ago, I was At Geneva Christian College in grade 8. In the past, a year ago I lost my boyfriend, he passed away, I was having a hard time in school, I was not keeping up with any of my school work and I was not talking to any of my friends, and I had to see a psychologist to talk about what I was going through. But I had a Jay who had been through that, people had left her and had hurt her badly. It was much easier to talk to Jay instead of my psychologist, I know it sounds mean but I had a better relationship with Jay. Jay was always there for me no matter what, even though the teachers said that they will always be there to help you. But it’s so much easier to talk to someone that you know and it is better to talk to someone about your age group, we all know that. So, my friend Jay was always helping me get through my hard times. But all that time Jay was going through a hard time herself and I didn’t know about it, if Jay only told me then we could help each other.
But Jay didn’t and Jay had suffered badly, in all those 10 years I’ve been Jay’s friend she hadn’t told me her big problems, Jay only told me her small problems. I felt really bad for not helping Jay when Jay needed it, I know it’s not my fault, but for some reason I felt like I was at fault. I don’t know why but I think it is because I never asked Jay about her big problems. So maybe that’s why I feel at fault, I don’t know why Jay didn’t tell me in all those years, I still don’t understand, I think I never will. I mean should I have asked Jay or not? I will let you decide. So, after I got told some of Jay’s problems I didn’t know what to do or say, because it actually hurt me and my feelings because I felt like Jay didn’t trust me. I mean in all those 10 years Jay had been keeping secrets from me, secrets that needed to be heard, not hidden away for you to deal with, it’s unfair for you and for the people that care about you. I got one question for you Jay, why did you help me all those years? Please tell me, I want to know, I have the right to know, why, what do you guys think? But before I close this short story up, I want to say thank you for reading this short story.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!