Two Kinds

Excellence Award in the 'Inspired 2019' competition

One dark, stormy night, there started a war. A war between the Furry Felines and the Calamity Canines. In Feline Joint, the biggest fight was bubbling up. She-cats and dogs were scratching, biting, pouncing or fleeing to their territory. But the tom cats and dogs were more serious.
They were growling, baring teeth, biting and scratching ferociously. Even kittens and puppies were fighting. They were tiny balls of fluff, scrabbling and biting to protect their clans.
Suddenly came a big boom and a big bash. The captains of the Furry Felines and the Calamity Canines stopped mid-scratch and sniffed the air.
‘Humans are coming!’ Thought the captains. They could smell fear lingering over their clans in a big cloud.
‘They must know,’ they thought worriedly. Bash! It was getting louder. Boom! Whimpers came from the mix of cats and dogs. BASH! BOOM! At those sounds, every animal froze. Footsteps grew intensely louder and louder.
‘Humans,’ the animals shuddered. However, no one fled; they were frozen with shock. The clans heard the humans whispering, but not able to distinguish their words. The humans approached, not making a sound. Then they grabbed them.
The dogs and cats howled as they got captured. The humans were then satisfied with their hunt. They left, not noticing the omitted captains.
‘Why did we even have a war in the first place?’ They wondered. The captains walked away. Now there was peace at last, and no war happened between them ever again. But don’t even get me started on the wolves and lions war!
The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!