The Cowastrophic Talent Show

Once upon a time there was a cow called Kal. Kal was not a normal cow but the most enthusiastic cow ever to live. She loved talent shows sooo much that she even enters the town talent show every year. Last year it was a bit of a disaster. But we don’t want to embarrass Kal now do we? The next talent show was coming up and Kal was practicing every moment she could. She would twirl, jump and most of all have fun. Kal was doing the same routine as last year. She was a bit worried about the backflip at the end because that was what caused chaos last time. She had practiced and practiced. She had perfected it. Nothing could go wrong, or could it?
Kal was in the car on the way to the talent show. She had booked a place but I don’t think the director knew what cow was entering because otherwise Kal would not be allowed to enter. Anyway, the moment the director saw Kal she started to scream and swear. “How dare you come here again. Do you know what you have done to me?” Kal did not know what she had done to her but that did not matter. “Well I’ll tell you a story then.” Kal loved stories but this one was definitely not her favourite. “Once upon a time there was a cow who danced on this stage and she completely destroyed the whole stage and that is how I lost my leg!”
As Kal walked up to the director with a plan, she started to doubt it. What if she finds out that I’m Kal? “Hi I’m Lily” lied Kal. Her plan was to say her name was Lily and change her hair style. The director was easily fooled by the long fluoro pink wig and replied, “If you want to enter then you are up now.” Kal was so excited that she ran onto the stage and began to dance. She danced her hardest and enjoyed every moment. She was a bit worried when it came to the backflip. But she did it so well and was so proud that she did not notice all the commotion backstage.
“I know that cow” was the squeal that came from backstage. “Arrest her!” The security men were frozen to the spot. “Now!” The director sped onto the stage followed by two terrified security men. But Kal was fast. Faster than the director. But she did not notice the light by the side of the stage. “Bang, crash!” was the sound the light made when it crashed down onto the stage. The glass from the light shattered and the backdrop caught on fire. Memories drifted back to last years talent show in Kal’s mind as she had done the exact same thing. Kal sprinted out the back door. But before she stepped outside she heard the director scream “Nooooo, my other leg!”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!