Bullies Strike Again

I glance around me. There is a group of people staring at be viciously waiting for me to do what they say. I swallow hard, my teeth quivering and my hands sweating. I stare at the cracked concrete path just hoping that I will make it back alive. The group of aggressive kids begin to close in on me and chant, " go! You know what will happen if you don't." I suddenly feel butterflies in my stomach and my eyes begin to water. Tears start rushing down my cheeks. I try to wipe them off determined, hoping that they won't notice. I try to calm myself down and wonder what to do. Before I know it I have decided that I should do what they say. It's my only chance of survival.

I took one step onto the skate board and take a deep breath, the bullies still watching eagerly. I stare down the steep cliff. The rocks are sharp like knives and the ground below is know where to be seen, covered by the clouds below me.

I look back, close my eyes and take another deep breath. I slowly take my second foot off the ground and gradually push off. Rocks are scattered all over the path like shattered glass so I have to tilt to dodge them. The trees around me are moving so fast that I can barely feel the movement under my feet.

In a flash, I can see the ground. My heart is thumping in my chest. I cant believe it. I have made it back alive.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!