Taken, Killed, Eaten

Her arms, placed tightly over her ears, blocking out the noise of the fireworks taking over the sky. Her face, trembling with fear. Her parents, mesmerised by the colours before them, pay no attention to their daughter whom I'm about to take.
I lodge myself between a couple, who violently push me out of their way. I stumble and almost barge into the girl when I see it. The stand almost two meters away that unwittingly sells the confectionary that will allow me to lure my prey.
I race up to the stand, choose a candy and run back with the sweet tightly clasped in my hand. I tap the girl ever so gently, as if not to alarm her. She turns around slowly but looks ever so delighted to see the candy. I peer around, no one pays attention to me or the girl so I hand her the lolly, grip her hand firmly and run. Her petite legs can't keep up with my pace so I pick her up and run into the nearest alley.
The girl, sits innocently in a corner as I rummage through my pockets. I feel the sharp tip of my knife prick my thumb and I wince. I walk towards the girl, the knife between my fingers ready to feed on whatever flesh that oozes out of her body. I lunge the knife in her chest and continue to stab her vigourously.
The last breath leaves her body and I, hungry as ever indulge on the meat that leaks from her corpse. I lick my lips, pick up the remainder of her carcass and throw it in the bin. I gaze around as i slink back into my lair in the sewers and from the distance I catch a glimpse of the parents running around, frantically looking for their daughter. If only they appreciated the sweetness of their daughter like i did.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!