Kidnapped

I am running. A big white van speeding down the road behind me. The driver yelling out the window as I run as fast as I can down the deserted roads of Greenville. No one is in sight, as I scream as loud as I can. I am done for. The white van catches up and speeds across the road in front of me. I am trapped. I run the other way, but the driver grabs me before I can go any further. He throws me into the van and locks the back doors. I bang on the doors and scream as loud as I can. It is dark and smells like something died in here once. I can barely breathe as the van drives off. How did I get here? In this van, in this town? I can feel my body turn to jelly as I sink into the floor of the van. I sit there for what seems like a few seconds before all the sound goes dead.

I awake in a pitch-black room and hear a man’s voice off in the distance. It sounded like my kidnapper. I went to stand up, but I realise he has tied me to a chair. I struggle to get free as he continues to talk. It sounds like he is talking to someone on the phone. As I continue to try and get myself free, I fall back in the chair and he goes quiet. “She’s awake, I’ll have to get back to you.” he says, hanging up the phone. I can hear feet shuffling as he draws closer. Suddenly, a light turns on and the familiar face of my kidnapper appears. He just stands there, looking at me. A chill runs down my spine. “Do you know why I kidnapped you?” he asks, continuing to stare. “N-no?” I reply, stuttering in fear. “Well, a special someone has paid me good money to kidnap you. So… here we are.” he says, walking off. “Who would do such a thing?!” I ask, maybe a little too aggressively. “Someone who wants to get rid of you, and your family. Now SHUT UP!” he yells, leaving me in the room on the floor.

After hours of lying in the room, I knew I had to get out of here. I started shaking the chair to try and get free from the ropes. As I was shaking, I heard a crack. Yes, a crack in the chair! I kept shaking the chair until I heard more cracks forming, and more, and more! Finally, the chair broke and I was released from the ropes! I jumped up, and carefully looked for an exit. My kidnapper was on the phone again, so I had a chance. There was a giant window to the left of me, that was my way out. I carefully crept towards the window, before slowly opening it, and jumping outside to freedom!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!