O My Ladies

O my ladies, beauty and intelligence tip their hats, man once opened his heart, yet now you have no comparison; Just glanced at from afar. Your pity and fairness, leaves as it comes. We ask though we don’t deserve. And we take though we haven’t earned. Forgive us, for we have ceased our love. Though our days be sunny, and our skies be blue. But poisoned are your cores. Blackened. Sickened. Like the ego of Prometheus, or the merciless hands of Nachash, use your wisdom and guide us.Like your great mother Athena. Through the perilous anarchy, through the fires of Hell. For I am afraid for this society, our leaders are turtles: Retracting when afraid. Our children are slaves, in watching their society burn. In watching you and mother earth weep at us all. Gasping for real air. Yet forced into toxicity. And threatened with captivity. So, take this apology: Shine the torch, balance the scales, Forgive us Justice and liberty. Forgive us evermore.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!