Dance For Your Future!

Closing my eyes, I remembered what my Ma had said before she died."Always remember to believe in yourself no matter what situation you're in.......always believe in yourself.Deep inside I knew I could make it into the finals, I just had to listen to my Ma.I gracefully did a pirouette and with a grande jete, (leap) I finished it off with a reverence (curtsy).Feeling proud, I recited the words in my head again 'always believe in yourself no matter what situation you're in.......always believe in yourself.'

I waited for days and the letter didn't come.Maybe I wasn't in the finals after all but......I still had a little bit of hope left.I WILL WIN!Weeks passed and there was still no reply.Ma's last words filled my body, I couldn't give up all my hope yet.I had to believe in myself.Soon weeks turned into months and still no message I had really felt hopeless now.Soon my old, frail Pa passed away and now no one will congratulate me if I do get into finals.

A year later I received a letter saying I came second!I jumped with joy but then sadness washed over me, it would never be the same without my parents,Ma and Pa.They would've been very proud of me especially Ma.I had listened to what she had said.

Always believe in yourself no matter what situation you're in.......always believe in yourself!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!