Dance

Dance is more than just a sport, it’s a passion. Dance is something you work hard for, something you put all of your spare time and effort into. Dance is a sport that you never want to give up on. When the day of your dance competition arrives, you put everything you have learned about dancing over the years, and show it all to the hundreds of people watching you. No matter how exhausted you are on that dance floor, you may not give up. You need to dance until the very end, until you are the best dancer you can possibly be. In order to be the best dance you can be, you need to practice during your spare time at home. The only way to get first in a dance competition is to practice all the time, make sure your dance costume looks exactly like the rest of your teams, and perform like you’ve never performed before.

The most exciting part of dance is the competitions, where you perform your dance in front of hundreds of people. Before you’re able to perform, you need to make sure your hair, makeup, and costume looks perfect. Once your dance costume is ready, it’s time to practice your dance before you go out on the floor. In your team's room while the coaches play the music, you need to either practice your dance or stretch. When your school's team is up next, everyone gets in a single file line and heads towards the stage. Once you're there, all the dancers hook up and wait. They all wait until the announcers announce "NO ELITE PERFORMANCE STUDIOS!" That's when all of your school's dancers head out onto the middle of the floor. Now the pressure is all on you. When the music starts is when you need to begin your dance. It's time to show the world what you have learned about dancing over the years. The crowd gives me and my team a standing ovation as the music ends. Everyone stands up and walks excitedly back to their team rooms and wait anxiously until it's time for the award ceremony.

Visiting with your supportive family and friends is always fun especially when they bring you gifts such as flowers, shirts, ice cream etc.
And that's the story of dance

BY JORDAN UPTON

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!