I Have Super Powers

I’d always wanted a super power but never in a million years would I have thought it would be this- super speed. I’ve always wanted invisibility but this might still work.
But wait I’ll go back to the start but not the very start. Here we go.
One Monday I was going out on a jog. It was alright day, some black clouds but hey I was jogging when I heard thunder cracks. I past some friends and at that very moment …. BOOM, BANG, POW!
I was flat on the ground and I thought I was dead. My friends took me to the hospital. I could hear the heart monitor and my friends were by my side trying not to look at me.
A nurse came in and said,” Time to go boys.”
“Ok see you`” they replied and left the room.
I asked the nurse,” What am I doing here? “
She told me I had been struck by lightning and passed. She said I was lucky to be alive as most people die. I was the lucky one out of million.
The next week I was allowed out of hospital. I wanted to see if I could run. I took a step, then another and zoom. I was going so fast I couldn’t see what was going on. I stopped moving then tried again. Step, step, zoom! I screamed out,” I HAVE SUPER POWERS!!”
I took off for home as I needed to tell Mum.
“Suuuuup?” Mum asked surprised as I raced through the door.
Wait if I tell her she won’t believe me. So I told her,” I think I might go back to the hospital they might be wondering where I am. I don’t know why I’m here.” The hospital checked me, gave me my clothes and I was done and dusted. Mum came to get me but when we got home she said I needed to rest.
I stayed home for ten days then I asked if could go outside and Mum yes and to go and help dad with the yard but dad was drunk so I didn’t bother. Instead I caught up with some friends. I was thinking,” Should I show them my speed? Yeah why not? Hey guys I have super speed!”
They laughed so I showed them and their jaws dropped at least five inches out of their socket. It was funny until one of them passed out We tried to wake him up but he was passed out for a long time_ so long I decided to go home. As I reached the curve of the street, a speeding car raced by just as a little girl began to cross. I took off at super speed and pulled her to safety.
“You OK?” I asked.
“Ok Mister, “she replied.
As I got home I knew how I could use my super power.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!