Daisy The Cow

“Wow Gavin, this is amazing!!” Daisy gazed around, in awe of the stunning view, a huge meadow filled to the brim with flowers: roses, tulips, daisies, lilies, orchids, every type of flower you could think of and, right in the centre, was a huge, beautiful, old oak.
But more of that later. Daisy is a cow. A very chubby one at that. Daisy lives in a huge meadow just north of South America with a huge, beautiful, old oak in the centre. Daisy’s biggest dream is to travel the entire world with her friend Gavin the Great. Gavin is Daisy’s best friend, even though he’s a great big dragon. Now, don’t get the wrong impression for Gavin’s heart is as soft as marshmallows and, almost literally, as big as a Blue Whale’s. “Daisy, if this dream of yours is truly this important, then why don’t we do it? Just me and you adventuring together. We’ll travel the world through sunshine and rain!” Gavin said to Daisy one day. “But how though, my great dragon, you can’t do a thing! You only have one singular wing!” cried Daisy. “Ahh, there’s where you’re wrong!” cried Gavin the Great “I can ‘borrow’ a bus!” So, Gavin ‘borrowed’ the bus. Back at the ranch Daisy started packing her bags. “In goes the grass. In goes the pillow. In goes the hay.” “Hey Daisy, don’t forget the marshmallows.” hollered Gavin from the paddock trying to start the bus. “In goes the marshmallows!” replied Daisy. Once they were all packed Gavin loaded the large luggage onboard the bus and then they were off.
Their first stop was New York where they admired Lady Liberty then they moved on to London where they gawked upon Big Ben. A third stop brought them to the incredible Paris and the Eiffel Tower. The fourth the Northern Territory and the iconic Uluru. At their final stop, Daisy gazed in awe at the stunning view, a huge meadow filled to the brim with flowers: roses, tulips, daisies, lilies, orchids, every type of flower you can think of and, right in the centre, was a huge, beautiful, old oak. Tall and graceful stood the tree, massive against the small cow. “I’ll live here for the rest of my life as it’s as peaceful as a butterfly floating on a calm ocean.” exclaimed the clueless cow.
“Daisy dearest, I don’t want to spoil your day but I’m afraid we’re…. home.” Gavin the Great gently told her.
“SAY WHA?!” Daisy shrieked. “Why you are right!!” “I hope you learnt something: home is the most beautiful place in the whole entire world.” The meadow seemed to glow in a new beautiful way.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!