A Broken Battle

I stare at my reflection, “I don’t know who I am”.
Every single time something brightens my life, it’s taken away. It’s very clear that life hates me and throws too many obstacles. But after I go though the obstacles it’s always... another dead end.

So, I should be used to my life by know. Lost my parents when I was five, bullied through grade one to now and I’m living inside a rock. When I mean by that, I mean having fake friends for over three years and multiple people used me. I was hated by everyone including myself. It was very clear from the start that I can’t trust anyone and the world is a cruel place. I think about how I should help recover from my grandmother’s death, a few days ago.

Soon it started to rain, the tears of the sky dropped down, that’s how I like to think of it, tears of the sky. I stared at the pond again, my reflection staring right back at me. I cupped a bit of water from my hands and stared at it.
“Like a dark shade in a rainbow world”, I whispered to myself.
You might be asking, “what is going on” or “does this make sense?”
Sometimes I wonder too. I can’t seem to recognise what makes me so different. I mean, people have bullied me, spread rumours about me and gave me only hatred. They would only do that if I was different,

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!