Bad Decisions

Campbell was sitting in the chair of guilt. The type of chair where many others both guilty and innocent sat before him.

2 days earlier…

The wall phone rang, so loud that the neighbours could hear it. Campbell got up from the couch where Jack, Adam and Josh were. Campbell walked towards the phone. Campbell was in his 3rd year of High School. He lives in a small town called Black Hallow being looked after by a family who adopted him recently.

Shortly after Campbell answered the phone his facial emotions went from happy to furious in a blink of a second. No one knew what had been said but he looked at the boys and they left the house. Campbell walked straight to his room where he opened the mirror side of the wardrobe and on the floor was a safe…
He entered the combination where there was money, firearms and knives. He put them all into a bag except for one of the firearms which was fully loaded...

He left the house and walked through the main street of town. When he got to the alleyway right near the lake, a woman appeared from the shadows and he put his hand on his gun, almost ready to shoot it but she put her hand where his hand was and she spoke in a voice that was a hard one to forget. She said “don’t go, I won’t be able to help you”... there was silence between them for a minute then she took a deep breath in and took her hand off his. He walked into the alleyway where his mates were. He looked behind him and realised that the woman had disappeared, he then had a shiver go up his spine. He kept walking till he was outside a building building that was numbered 257, they looked at each other and pulled their hoodies over their head, grabbed their guns and banged the door down and walked in. First body dropped with a bang that the whole town could hear one after another… bodies dropped and people were alarmed but had silent that forced them not to say a word
Sirens went off, Campbell and his mates stopped and soon they were running from the cops, looking back every step they looked. They were running so fast that they didn’t look ahead; they were surrounded. One of the guys in uniform yelled the procedure out, Campbell got out his gun and threw it in front of where he was standing, Jack and Adam followed except Josh, he ran to the lake and jumped. Everyone screamed,Campbell was put in handcuffs along with the others.

TWO DAYS LATER…

They were all sitting at a chair, while their families hoped for innocence or forgiveness, but as they were taken away one by one and all eventually put into a cell in juvie for 2 years.

Campbell said to himself every night "image if i didn’t make a bad decision".

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!