Mack

I was in love with him for two years, but he never knew. I was always there – just there – nothing more.

He had a clear dating routine – he always seemed to be in a relationship – a relationship that was always short-lived. Yes, an immediate red flag - I know. But from the moment he smiled he had me, and for some damn reason, I couldn't seem to let him go.

There was a split moment during those two years when I genuinely believed something was happening between us. We had a spark that was too real to deny – or at least, for me it was. But then I found out he was dating my best friend. God that broke me. I never imagined that the two people I loved most would end up hurting me the way that they did. But of course, I had no right to be mad – he was, after all, not my boyfriend. She never knew, of course, that I was madly in love with him - what a mess that would be. All I ever wanted to do was make him happy, but he didn’t want my happiness, he wanted hers.

I won't spare you all the details, but one thing led to another and a year later I finally got my chance with him. Naturally, I had my guard up – we had been close friends for two years now, why was he suddenly interested in me? I promised myself I wouldn't fall for him. But it was 2am and we were cuddling, and for the first time in a long time, I was happy – happier than I ever thought I could be – and in that moment I knew I was screwed. I had fallen for the boy who broke every girl's heart.

I should've know that people with good hearts are always unlucky in relationships. He told me he loved me. I told him too. The only difference is, I actually meant it. I cared about him beyond all rationality. I wanted him to have everything he wanted no matter how much it destroyed me...because I loved him. And I knew I could never stop. Ever.

But like in most relationships, things eventually changed – he changed but I didn't – and he wanted to move on. It hurt though – seeing how easy it was for him to go from being my boyfriend to a complete stranger in just a few days. I suppose that sometimes you just have to accept the fact that certain things will never go back to the way they used to be. And even though I've told myself a thousand times to move on, there's a part of me still holding on to something that I know will probably never happen, because deep down inside of me, I have this little piece of hope that someday, perhaps it will - perhaps he will love me again. Because in the end, don't we all just want someone that chooses us...over everyone else?



FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!