Judgement

Well have you ever heard the saying, don’t judge a book by its cover?
Well that’s just another lie, we have to discover.
Looks are people’s first impressions, that they happen to judge you on.
Unfortunately, that’s the only thing their ever bothered to look upon.
But sadly for us words can influence, they have a way of coming in and it’s hard to push them out.
All of a sudden an unexpected wave washes over us, called doubt.
We start to feel trapped, behind whispers and self walls.
And we start to believe the lies, and that’s when we fall.
And all of sudden we’re something we’re not,
And it’s extremely hard to stop.
It’s like a logo, a name you can’t get rid of, that falls on us, unexpectedly.
We start to try to be this, and this heavy burden, becomes our terrible destiny.
But lessons get learnt the hard way, and we start to hear little voices say ‘believe in you’.
Because the lesson is - pretty comes from the inside, just love you and others will learn to...too.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!