Hard training



Dear Diary,
Today dad is taking me to the pool to swim laps. I’m always swimming laps. I have swimming lessons on Monday and Thursday and swims laps with dad Tuesday ,Wednesday and Saturday. Its my birthday tomorrow and I might even be able to get out of swimming.


Clarissa




Dear Diary,
Its my birthday! I managed to get out of swimming but now that I’m 16 I better start setting goals for myself and being more enthusiastic about my swimming. I got new bathers, goggles and flippers for my birthday plus a new drink flask and some clothes.


Clarissa




Dear Diary,
I have always loved swimming but the constant laps are driving me insane the only things that are keeping me going are the want to be an Olympic gold medalist and my fathers enthusiastic urging every day of the week.

Clarissa


Dear Diary,
The last couple of days have been crazy. Two days ago dad was on the verge of telling me something really important(I could tell)but then our next door neighbor Mrs. Nickabater went and threw a rock through our window for scaring her cat. Dad didn’t want to cause a stir by calling the police. The day after that the pool was closed for a maintenance check and dad went ballistic and drove me halfway across the country to another pool. Dad said no matter what I must have my training.



Clarissa


Dear Diary,
Even though its Sunday and I was going to go to the movies with my friends dad demanded that we go to the pool, I argued but he said it was important. When we arrived at the pool I got changed and jumped in. I was really surprised to discover that dad had reserved a lane for me. Dad told me to do my best so I started of doing my Freestyle. After I have finished 10 laps dad handed me a drink. Whilst I was drinking I noticed a man standing by the pool holding a clipboard and stopwatch and talking to my dad. After hours of swimming I jumped out then I noticed the man with clipboard started to walk up to me. He said “well done” and left. Dad began explaining who he was. He was a representative from the A.O.S. He told me I had been accepted to a young athletes boarding school linked to the A.O.S and if I went and did well I might even be able to go to the Olympics as part of the Australian swimming team that is when I’m old enough.




Clarrisa

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!