TALL

TALL
Ellie was tall.
Ellie was awake at midnight, dying to put her cunning escape plan into action. She went to Chortle’s Orphanage for Unwanted Children. Chortle was the worst human ever to walk the earth.
Her fear, was the horrid, laughing children. She loved teasing children, sticking a bar of soap in their mouth when they chatted on to much she did this, as children had teased her for her ugly face but the greenish warts made it quite true.
Every day she would make one rude remark, all the girls would laugh and giggle like Chortle was there best pal.
Chortle was short and so were the other girls. This made Ellie feel most out of place. Every day she would image a world where no one was the same but as Chortle would say “a dream is just a dream.” Ellie would forget her dream as this thought came in, she would try and push it back but it was like a star entering earth’s atmosphere. Nothing could stop it.
A while later Ellie went to bed. Tonight was the night Ellie was to escape.
DING, DONG!!!! Midnight had struck, Ellie was excited as tonight was the night she would get her many dreams to come true in one neat little bundle .Ellie was ready. She had packed up and was about to put her plan into action, footsteps were coming up the hall. Chortle was coming!!!!
Ellie was in panic! She jumped out the window with fright. She landed with a small thump on a small patch of harden brown grass. Ellie had to act very quickly. She put no thought into her decision she ran, over the hills. “ELLIE MEGAN ARMSTRONG COME BACK HER RIGHT NOW!!!” Chortle screamed but her voice was now a distance echo. The ground rumbled with anger as Chortle gave a chase but Ellie would not get knocked off her feet. Chortle gave up. The moon shone and Ellie knew that there was no turning back now.
Days past and Ellie was at dying stage. She had one mouldy sandwich that had been and gone. As the day was getting hotter Ellie began to fall into a deep sleep. “Hello,” someone or something was talking, they were……………….
They were huge, they were small, she was surround by all different types of creatures. Some were big while some were green!!! Ellie sat bolt right up, “Your all different and you don’t care”she mumbled under her breath. The smallest one replied in an answer that made Ellie feel so very much smaller. They didn’t care if they were different. They were happy just the way they were.
They slowly faded away Ellie tried to pull them back but she was simply too weak. Ellie woke up, she was holding a basket of fresh fruit. A small bit of paper stuck out that read. Be grateful for who you are and if you’re not happy no one else around will seem happy.
Chloe Butler

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!