Vampire House

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR! The thunder growls at you as if it’s a tiger trying to eat you up. Rain pours down from the dark grey clouds and then snakes down the gutters then trickles down into the big mouths of the drains. The creepy old two-story house at the top of the hill casts a big dark shadow over you. A shoot of fear slips up your spine, your muscles tighten, you hesitate, should you go in? A path winds up to the front door. You slowly walk towards it. Suddenly you see something up ahead, you stop, dead in your tracks! The object has a black cloak with a hood. Before you can run, its hand shoots out and wraps around your shoulder. Finally, you know what it is. Yes, that’s right, you’ve come face to face with the one and only of its kind, the ugly, the scary, the flesh-eating monster of a kind, the, the, the, the Vampire!
“Come with me”, he orders, in a low croaky voice. Before you can respond he is carrying you into the house. He carries you through what you guess is the main hallway then he walks up some stairs and dumps you on a bed in some sort of room. “Stay here!” he demands. You look around the room, the room is dull, with not much in it, there is a bed, a lamp and some swords on the wall plus a few other antiques. You jump off the bed, grab a sword, and hide under the bed. Minutes later he emerges. Now he’s wheeling in some sort of chopping-board on wheels and a knife (you don’t like the look of that but you’ll soon put a stop to that!). You jump out from under the bed and before he can grab hold of you, you stab the sword into his heart, blood sprays everywhere! He collapses in front of you; you crash down the stairs and out of the house. You run down the road towards your house, you turn around to check he hasn’t followed you. “AAAAARRRRGGGHHHHHHH!” you scream! He's following you! However, that’s not possible, you killed him! You sprint up the road, running faster than you ever have before. Suddenly you feel a hand on your shoulder, he has you now! “You won’t get away from me that easy lad, ha ha-ha!”. "If you can’t lay in that room for any more than a couple of minutes, then I guess you’ll be in for a bigger punishment!” “I, Von- Voncanisent the Vampire, will turn you into a vampire, WAA HAA HAAAA!” He booms. He opens his mouth as wide as he can; you close your eyes and get prepared to become a vampire!
THE END

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!